You have heard before that the best way to succeed is to find a need and fill it. Well that is exactly what our guest on today’s episode of Pursuing Profit with Principles has done. Todd Depastino, Founder and Executive director of the Veterans Breakfast Club. Todd comes from the world of Academia as a Historian and Professor. Todd has taken his love of history and his appreciation of our American Veterans and coupled that with a non-profit organization that not only serves veterans but gives them a voice.
Bio: Founder and executive director of the Veterans Breakfast Club, which holds veterans’ storytelling programs open to the public. He has a Ph.D. in American History from Yale University is author of the award winning BILL MAULDIN: A LIFE UP FRONT (W.W. Norton) and several other books.
[01:28] History comes to life
[08:11] Overcoming the grip of “no”
[13:03] Entrepreneurship is a journey of self-discovery
[21:09] Bumps in the road
- Don’t wait for everything to be perfect, jump in and get started. Imperfect action is better than no action.
- As a non-profit, you need several different revenue sources so that if one dries up you have others in place. In the entrepreneurial world, that equates to not having any one client be more than 15% of your total revenue.
- Be passionate about what you are doing. Your passion helps you sell your mission to those who can support it and help you.
- As a leader, you should do some of the day-to-day things to know that they are being handled correctly, or to improve process and training as appropriate
- Focus on the end goal, whatever the project is that you are working on.
- Make sure that what you are working on fits your mission.
Offer Link: BBC Magazine, Just write to him to request it at email@example.com
Summary and Host Offer:
Thanks for listening to our show today, If you enjoyed it, please rate and recommend on your favorite listening platform. You can also get more information at PursuingProfitWithPrinciples.com
As you can see all entrepreneurs experience challenges in business. It is my experience, however, that with every challenge we solve, we create a new challenge.
So, let me ask you, what's the biggest challenge in your business, are you generating the profit that you desire? Do you know what systems you need in order to create more efficiency and profit in your business? Are you tired of working 60 plus hours a week and not seeing the return? Are your relationships suffering because of the stress that you're experiencing?
If this is you, I would like to invite you to consider applying to participate in my Master Mind program.
Go to my calendar link and schedule a call to discuss whether or not you are a good fit for this mastermind. http://bit.ly/mastermindqualifying
What is coming up on our next episode
While on a development retreat in Malaysia, Simão gathered many insights that led him to found SLDesign, which focuses on brand strategy/production and business development. Simão is particularly passionate about working with coaches, trainers and speakers, athletes, fitness centers, nutrition/clothing brands and personal trainers. Having seen the importance of branding firsthand during his career, Simão decided to dedicate his efforts towards helping businesses in the Speakers / fitness space to build brand credibility, professional alignment and to carve out a memorable persona with their target market. His firm belief in the importance of building and cultivating relationships in business has helped him to continue growing and evolving his business.